Registered Clinical Counsellor
Friends of Living of Living and Learning Through Loss (LTL) is a 30-year-old registered Canadian charity providing grief, loss and bereavement support to youth on Vancouver Island. In addition, we also educate and train other youth-serving professionals via workshops, programs and grief counselling services in support of youth between the ages of 13-24. LTL works in partnership with school districts and other agencies to support and signpost children and young people for further support if required. Services are provided both in person (to come) and virtually (current) since COVID-19.
LTL is in a stage of growth and is currently seeking experienced Registered Clinical Counsellors, Master’s Degree level, to join us on a fee-for-service, contractual basis.
As a highly trained Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), you will be responsible for counselling referred youth virtually and in-person through their grief and loss transitions. You will also be trained to facilitate LTL’s signature programs and workshops throughout our island communities. LTL regularly engages in community outreach, education, professional training and other initiatives to promote the mission and services of LTL, and you will also work with and alongside other LTL RCC’s and the Executive Director in support of the charity.
· A minimum of 5-7 years of direct counselling experience with vulnerable youth
· Advanced knowledge of grief and loss issues in childhood and adolescence, experiential learning, and group process
· Broad experience working with youth, with proven skills in conducting risk assessment and providing trauma-informed and culturally sensitive care.
· Familiarity working with and/or possess knowledge of Vancouver Island school districts and other youth-serving organizations; including non-profit and charitable organizations
· Public speaking and advocating on behalf of vulnerable children and youth
· Master’s Level in Counselling, Education, Child and Youth Care, Social Work, or relevant social services field
· Training and/or experience in group facilitation and psycho-educational program delivery
· A current vulnerable sector criminal record check is mandatory
· Registration with the BC Registered Clinical Counsellor association and/or other national counselling associations
· Hold current professional liability insurance of at least $2M
· Able to attend bi-monthly group supervision meetings
To apply*, please forward your cover letter, resume to the Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note we can only accept Canadian applicants at this time. If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit 3 references.