• info148042

We're Hiring

Registered Clinical Counsellor

Friends of Living of Living and Learning Through Loss (LTL) is a 30-year-old registered Canadian charity providing grief, loss and bereavement support to youth on Vancouver Island. We also educate and train other youth-serving professionals via workshops, programs and grief counselling services in support of youth between the ages of 13-24. LTL works in partnership with several school districts and other agencies to support children and young people if required. Services are provided both in person and virtually since COVID-19.

LTL is in a stage of growth and is currently seeking 3-4 new experienced Registered Clinical Counsellors across Vancouver Island, Master’s Degree level, to join us on a fee-for-service, contractual basis.

As a highly trained, and experienced Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), you will be responsible for counselling youth both virtually and in-person through their grief and loss transitions. You will also be trained to facilitate our signature programs and workshops throughout our communities. You will also work with and alongside other LTL RCC’s and the Executive Director in support of the charity.

Preferred Experiences:

· A minimum of 5-7 years of direct counselling experience with vulnerable youth

· Advanced knowledge of grief and loss issues in childhood and adolescence, experiential learning, and group process

· Broad experience working with youth, with proven skills in conducting risk assessment and providing trauma-informed and culturally sensitive care.

· Familiarity working with and/or possess knowledge of Vancouver Island school districts and other youth-serving organizations; including non-profit and charitable organizations

· Public speaking and advocating on behalf of vulnerable children and youth


· Master’s Level in Counselling, Education, Child and Youth Care, Social Work, or relevant social services field

· Training and/or experience in group facilitation and psycho-educational program delivery

· A current vulnerable sector criminal record check is mandatory

· Registration with the BC Registered Clinical Counsellor association and/or other national counselling associations

· Hold current professional liability insurance of at least $2M

· Able to attend bi-monthly group supervision meetings

To apply*, please forward your cover letter, resume to the Executive Director at:

*Please note we can only accept Canadian applicants at this time.

42 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Current Programs & Services Available 2021-2022

Here are the programs and services LTL continues to provide during COVID-19. Please note that all services and programs continue to be conducted virtually on a secure ZOOM Healthcare platform (HIPAA c

Summer Newsletter - August 2021

Message From the Executive Director Over the past 17 months, I’ve thought a lot about grief and the passage of time. COVID-19 ended usual routines and we stayed home, socially distanced adjusting to

Recruiting New Board Members

Founded in 1988, Friends of Living and Learning Through Loss (LTL) is a non-profit and charitable organization dedicated to providing grief, loss and bereavement education and support services in the